Once you’ve made your own fresh, homemade salsa (also known as pico de gallo), you might never go back to store-bought. For this easy salsa recipe, start with juicy plum tomatoes—known for their crisp texture—and then mix in onion, cilantro, lime, garlic, and jalapeño. As for the heat level, the seeds are the key. Not so into spice? Skip the small white seeds inside the jalapeño. Want to go hot? Keep ‘em in. Serve this easy salsa recipe with tortilla chips, over fish tacos, or to brighten up your morning scrambled eggs.
- 1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1- 10 oz can orginal Rotel
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded or not (depends on how spicy you like it)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cuminsmall to medium size handful of cilantro, washedjuice of 1 lime
- Put all the ingredients in the base of a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste. Serve with chips or over tacos.