This is a perfect recipe that I found in my Grandma’s recipe book. These are the best pancakes I’ve ever made at home, thank you grandma for this recipe!!
– 3/4 cup milk
– 2 tablespoons white vinegar
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons white sugar (You can use 3)
– 1 tspn baking powder
– 1/2 tspn baking soda
– 1/2 tspn salt
– 1 egg, large
– 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar for about 10 minutes to “sour”. This step is called “soured milk” which is much different that sour milk. And yep in the final product, you will NOT taste the vinegar. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients then pick a smaller bowl and whisk in the soured milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter together. Pour into the dry ingredients, whisking until most of the lumps are gone and be sure not to OVER BEAT!!
3. Please don’t add any more liquid, as the batter will be thick, and let the batter sit undisturbed for about 10 mins!!
4. You will see bubbles in the batter after 10 minutes, and please DO NOT STIR AGAIN.
5. Now gently dip out 1/2 cup of batter and place it on a buttered grill or frying pan then cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake and then flip with a spatula and brown the other side.